Truong-Son "Timaeus" Nguyen is a huge music enthusiast who also dabbles in a few other hobbies such as web design (independent studying since 2004, 1 year of classes) and graphics design (independent studying since 2008), honing and widening his technological skills. Music is his greatest passion, and in his free time he loves trying to come up with fresh, new synthesized sounds. As a music lover, he doesn't like limiting himself to listening to or writing in any particular genre. As such, he has practiced his mixing and mastering skills on such genres as ambient, chiptune, rock/metal, dubstep, glitch, and a little cinematic as well. He listens to pretty much any genre other than generic hip-hop and rap. If it's spiced up with more elements though, he won't mind too much.
With more than six years of classical piano training and more than three years of jazz piano training, Timaeus gets very excited if he comes up with harmonic and countermelodic content that bursts with sophistication, and sometimes his ideas arrive faster than his hands can play them out on his MIDI keyboard or piano!
His musical specialties span the spectrum, from glitch/complexity to atmospheric elements. In his music, there will generally be a section that audiophiles can truly appreciate. Audio quality, arrangement sophistication, and mixing competency are Timaeus's highest priorities in writing music. If you ask him to give you musical feedback, he'll say what's honestly on his mind, not necessarily generic praise. It means his comments will be straightforward and precise/consistent.
With Timaeus, it isn't all seriousness, though. Sometimes he plays video games and posts videos on YouTube, works on websites, creates graphics, hones his piano skills, and even does a little mixed martial arts on the side. His favorite school subjects have been Chemistry and Math, plus some Computer Science for a little flavor.
If you feel like you want any sort of feedback or assistance, Timaeus will certainly agree to help with free mix feedback and mixing assistance. Full-blown mixing and mastering for a negotiated fee, if for an original song/album. Free otherwise. Just email him in the contact section, he's a pretty reasonable guy.
Computer & DAW
- Windows 10 Premium (3.20GHz, 14 GB RAM)
- ~ 1.5 TB of storage
- Image-Line FL Studio
- KORG Microkey 37-key MIDI Keyboard
- Pyle PTA2 Mini 2x40W Stereo Power Amplifier
- u-he Zebra + Filterscape + Uhbik
- 4Front TruePianos
- Spectrasonics Trilogy, Trilian, Omnisphere 2
- White Noise Zero Vector
- New Sonic Arts Granite
- Xfer Records Serum
Major Plugins & FX
- Cytomic The Glue
- digitalfishphones endorphin
- kiloHearts Essentials (Ring Modulator, Transient Shaper, and more!)
- ArtsAcoustic Reverb
- iZotope Stutter Edit
- dBlue Glitch
- Variety of Sound Density MKIII + TesslaPro MKII + ThrillseekerLA + FerricTDS + NastyDLA MKII
- TLs-Pocket Limiter
- Sonalksis FreeG
Samples & Libraries
- Various drum samples and free soundfonts
- Native Instruments Kontakt + Guitar Rig + Massive + FM8
- East West Quantum Leap Stormdrum + Ra + Symphonic Orchestra Gold
- Audiobro LA Scoring Strings
- Impact Soundworks Shreddage 3 JUPITER, Shreddage 3 Precision Bass, Resonance: Emotional Mallets, Juggernaut: Cinematic Electronic Scoring Tools, Curio: Cinematic Toy Piano, Groove Bias Drums, Celestia: Heavenly Sound Design, Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion, Plectra Series 4: Turkish Oud, PEARL Concert Grand, Bravura Scoring Brass, Modern Harpejji
- Heavyocity Damage
- Gospel Musicians Neo-Soul Keys
- Evolution Electric Guitar & Acoustic Guitar
- Crypto Cipher Tarangs & Voices Of Ragas Vol 2